The Masonic Charitable Foundation builds better lives by enabling opportunity, advancing healthcare and education and promoting independence for Freemasons, their families and the wider community.
Funded entirely through the generosity of Freemasons and their families, the Masonic Charitable Foundation is one of the largest grant-making charities in the country.
How the Foundation helps Masonic families
A wide range of help and support is available for Freemasons, their wives, partners, widows, children and grandchildren. Most of the support provided takes the form of financial grants to assist with financial, health or family related needs.
- Daily living costs
- Grants following an accident, redundancy or personal crisis
- Funeral bills
- Minor home repairs
- Medical treatment
- Dental treatment
- Mobility aids and home adaptations
Family – Children in full-time education
- Costs for education or training
- Scholarships, travel grants and student accommodation
- Supporting exceptional talent in sport, music or the performing arts
Family – Care
- Masonic care homes – including nursing, residential and dementia care
- Respite care
- UK holidays
The Foundation’s Advice & Support Team offer confidential, impartial and practical guidance about the help we can provide. The Team can also help with applications for state and local authority benefits and can put you in touch with other organisations who can give advice on care, employment and education.